A beautiful moist sponge cake topped off delightfully!
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 4 people
Add all ingredients Select All
300 g Caster Sugar
5 large Fresh Egg
0 - Milk
300 g Self-Raising Flour
300 g SuperValu Butter
2 tbsp Strawberry Jam
110 ml SuperValu Cream
0 - SuperValu Strawberries
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4.
- Soften the butter and beat in a large mixing bowl with the sugar. When this mixture is creamy and fluffy add in the eggs and the flour. If you find the mixture is a little tight you can add a dessertspoon of milk to loosen it up.
- Transfer to two 8inch/20cm sandwich tins. Bake for 25–30 minute or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean. Allow to cool.
- Spread some of the strawberry jam on both sponges. Fill the centre of the cake with freshly whipped cream and sliced strawberries.
- Dust with some icing sugar and decorate with some sliced strawberries.