A simple healthy option for a quick evening meal! Feel free to add some sliced duck, beef, chicken or pork to this for a non vegetarian option.
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 2 people
Add all ingredients Select All
75 g Broccoli
broken into small spears
1 - Red Onion
1 - Red Pepper
1 - SuperValu Carrot
peeled and thinly sliced
1 - SuperValu Courgette
0 - SuperValu Fresh Thyme
woody stems removed
4 cloves SuperValu Garlic
1 sprig SuperValu Fresh Thyme
0 - SuperValu Rice
- Cook the rice according to the packet instructions but when cooking it stick the sprig of thyme down in the water to flavour the rice.
- Add the butter and seasoning to the rice just before serving with the Stir-fry.
- Heat a large wok until smoking hot.
- Add the olive oil, followed quickly by the garlic, sliced carrot, red pepper, red onion and courgette.
- Cook quickly for 3-4 minutes then add the broccoli and continue to cook for a further 2-3 minutes.
- Mix together the soy sauce, honey and thyme leaves and pour this in on top of the stir fry at this stage and stir rapidly to ensure all the vegetables get coated with the mixture.