A little squeeze of lemon adds a touch of the Middle East to this soup, keep any leftovers in the fridge.
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 4 people
Add all ingredients Select All
175 g Red Lentils
2 clove SuperValu Garlic
0 - SuperValu Lemon Juice
1 tbsp SuperValu Olive Oil
2 small SuperValu Onion
3 - SuperValu Potatoes
0 - SuperValu Salt
250 g SuperValu Spinach
- Place the lentils in a pan and cover with water and cook as per pack instructions.
- Simmer over a moderate heat until softened, then remove from the heat and set aside. Do not discard the cooking liquid.
- In a separate large pan drizzle a little oil, add sauté the onion and garlic.
- Add the potatoes and season with a little salt and pepper.
- Next add the spinach, then pour in the lentils with the cooking liquid.
- If necessary add some additional liquid, approx 500ml (either stock or water).
- Cover and cook over a low heat for 45 minutes, then process in a food processor or blitz with a handblender.
- Add some additional seasoning if required.
- Squeeze with a little lemon juice before serving (always add a little, you can add more!).