By The Happy Pear
This quick and super easy supper is perfect for midweek or when you’re in a rush. It’s surprising how well the pasta cooks in this one-pot wonder and how creamy and cheesy it tastes without any cream or cheese! If you don’t want to use wine, simply replace it with extra veg stock or water.
Preparation time: 10 minutes•
Cooking time: 25 minutes
Serves: 4 people
1. Heat the oil in a large pan over a high heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring, until the onion starts to brown. Add the red pepper and courgette and cook for 4 minutes. Add the wine and most of the thyme (set one or two sprigs aside for garnish) and cook for 1 minute.
2. Break the spaghetti into the pan, then add the oat milk, stock and salt. Cover the pan with a lid and keep it on a high heat.
3. Once the sauce starts to boil, take the lid off so that the liquid starts to evaporate. Every so often, use a wooden spoon to gently stir the pasta, making sure it doesn’t stick together.
4. Once the sauce has reduced and the pasta is cooked through, which should take 10 to 15 minutes, stir in the lemon juice and nutritional yeast (if using).
5. Remove from the heat, taste and season with more salt and some freshly ground black pepper if you think it needs it. Top each serving with some fresh thyme leaves and chilli flakes (if using).