Great finger food for the whole family and can be baked from fresh or frozen for a quick and tasty treat.
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 4 people
Add all ingredients Select All
1 - Carrots
peeled and grated
1 - Eggs
1 - Onion
2 tbsp Plain Flour
1 pack Puff Pastry
1 tsp SuperValu Fresh Thyme
300 g SuperValu Turkey Mince
2 small Apple
- Preheat the oven to 180 C. Line a baking tray with grease proof paper. Remove the pastry from the freezer and set aside to soften.
- Meanwhile prepare the applesauce. Peel, core and chop 2 small apples and add to a pot with 100ml water. Bring to the boil, reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Once softened, remove from heat. Blitz until smooth, about 30 seconds, adding more water as required. Set aside.
- Place all ingredients except the pastry and egg into a food processor. Blend on high speed for 20 seconds, until combined.
- Prepare the pastry by rolling it out. Cut length ways into two rectangular strips.
- Using a spatula, scoop out half of the minced mixture. Arrange into a sausage shape in the middle of one of the pastry strips. Make sure it is not too large to ensure it will cook through.
- Roll the pastry around the meat to form a sausage roll, sealing the edges using a fork.
- Repeat with the other half of the pastry. Cut each roll into 8 mini rolls. If planning on freezing, do so now.
- Brush with the beaten egg and bake for 25 minutes until golden, crispy and cooked through.
For more delicious family friendly recipes, visit www.mummycooks.ie