Oh Yum!! A wonderful desert to top off your meal. Enjoy!
Serves: 4 people
100 g Caster Sugar
0 - Cocoa Powder
2 - Fresh Egg
200 ml Hot Water
4 tbsp Irish Whiskey
400 g Mascarpone Cheese
50 ml Milk
plus a little extra if necessary
18 - Sponge Ladyfinger Biscuits
1 - SuperValu Signature Tastes Classic Espresso Capsule
2 drops Vanilla Essence
- Combine the egg yolks with 80g of the caster sugar and the vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, combine the mascarpone cheese with the milk, then stir in the egg mixture. If it’s too thick, add a little extra milk to loosen it up.
- Add 200ml of hot water to the espresso along with the remaining 20g sugar and stir until the sugar has melted, then add the whiskey. Pour into a shallow bowl or pie plate.
- Quickly dunk the biscuits into the coffee mix - you don’t want them to go soggy, so just a quick dip will do. Line one large glass bowl or four individual ones with the biscuits. Spread half the mascarpone mix on top of the biscuits, sprinkle with cocoa powder, then add another layer of the dunked biscuits. Finish with remaining mascarpone.
- Chill until ready to use. Top with grated chocolate before serving.