With this I like to use a mild marinade, as anything over flavoured will take from the flavour of the meat
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 2 people
Add all ingredients Select All
1 - Red Onion
1 - Red Pepper
1 - SuperValu Courgette
2 - SuperValu Fresh Irish Striploin Steaks
(From the Butcher Counter) 200g approx
2 sprigs SuperValu Fresh Thyme
4 cloves SuperValu Garlic
- Mix together 2 finely chopped cloves of garlic, thyme, peppercorns and 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Lay the steaks out flat in a large dish and pour the oil mixture over the top.
- Leave to rest for at least a couple of hours. Because this is a mildly flavoured marinade you can leave it for up to 2-3 days if you wish.
- Heat the barbecue and cook as follows:
- Rare – 2 minutes on either side Medium – 4 minutes on either side Well Done – 5 minutes on either side
- Cut the vegetables into large slices and grill on the barbecue on each side until they are softened.
- Remove from the barbecue and place in a large mixing bowl.
- Allow the vegetables to cool down.
- Mix together the 2 cloves of chopped garlic and 4 tablespoons of olive oil and pour the oil mixture on top of the chilled vegetables. Serve immediately with the steak.
If you wish you could mix the marinated vegetables into some cooked pasta or cooked baby potatoes to serve with the steak.