These are quick and easy to make and super tasty. Don’t feel limited by the toppings we have put here, use whatever you like!
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 8 people
Add all ingredients Select All
For the Base:
1 tub The Happy Pear Sundried Tomato Pesto
4 - Wholemeal Pitta Breads
For the toppings:
100 g Mushrooms
1 tbsp Olive Oil
1 - Red Onion
1 - Red Pepper
1 - SuperValu Courgette
1 - Yellow Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- Lightly toast the pitta breads in the toaster/grill. Once they are cool cut them in half with a scissors.
- To prep your veg, slice the peppers into thin small slices, chop the courgette into very small bite sized pieces (so they cook quickly with the other veg). Peel and finely slice the red onion and chop the mushrooms into bite-sized slices too. In a bowl, toss all the veg in a tablespoon of olive oil and a good pinch of salt, making sure they are well coated.
- Spread a nice layer of pesto onto each of the halves and add your veg toppings, a little of each works well for colour and variety. Repeat with the rest of the pesto and toppings till all your toppings and pittas are used up. Put on a baking rack and bake in the oven for approx. 8 minutes, till they crisp right up and veg and pesto starts to char.
- Serve whole or slice them in halves and serve as quick, delicious and easy party food.