Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 4 people
Add all ingredients Select All
4 fillets SuperValu Fresh Salmon Fillets
1 clove SuperValu Garlic
2 tbsp SuperValu Honey
1 - SuperValu Lime
1 tsp SuperValu Salt
4 tbsp SuperValu Soy Sauce
2 tsp Coriander Seed
30 g Light Muscovado Sugar
500 mls Rice Vinegar
1 - SuperValu Cucumber
1 - SuperValu Onion
1 pinch SuperValu Saffron
- To make the Teriyaki marinade for the Salmon, firstly pour the soya sauce and honey into a small pan and add the finely chopped chilli, garlic and grated lime zest.
- Bring to the boil, reduce heat and allow to simmer for 6 – 8 minutes. Allow to cool.
- Marinade the Salmon in the Teriyaki marinade for 2 hours or more if possible.
- For the pickle, cut the cucumber in half lengthways and, using a teaspoon remove the seeds.
- Using a vegetable peeler, pare the flesh into wafer-thin ribbons and place in a pan. Add the onions, rice wine vinegar, sugar, coriander seeds, saffron and salt. Slowly bring to the boil then reduce it and simmer for 20 minutes until the vegetables are completely tender and the liquid has reduced and thickened slightly.
- If you are not planning to use cucumber immediately, store in sterilised jars.
- Place the Salmon fillets on barbecue and cook for approximately 5 minutes, do not leave it on a part of the barbecue which is too hot and likewise when it is on the barbecue aim to turn it only once so as not to break up the fish.
- Serve the Salmon with the cucumber pickle or it can be quite nice served with some salad leaves or baked potatoes.