Have a vegetarian in the house? Make meal time easy with Aveen's simple swaps.
Preparation time: 25 minutes•
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Serves: 2 people
1. Add all ingredients for the marinade into a bowl and whisk together. Split between two bowls.
VEGETARIAN: Slice the block of tofu and sit on a paper towel,
place another paper towel on top and apply pressure using a plate to get out the moisture. Cut tofu into squares and add to the first bowl with marinade and cover for about 20 minutes.
MEAT OPTION: Place one salmon darne into the second bowl with marinade and cover. Place in the fridge for 20 minutes.
2. Heat some oil in a pan, fry the chilli and garlic.
3. Stir in the lime juice, lime zest and soy sauce.
4. Then add maple syrup and cook for one minute until reduced and sticky. Keep aside until protein is cooked.
VEGETARIAN: Heat some sesame oil in a pan and add the tofu
pieces. Sear for 3 - 5 minutes on each side until crispy.
MEAT OPTION: Heat sesame oil in another sauce pan and sear the salmon darne for 5 minutes on each side until cooked through.
5. Add half of the sticky sauce to the vegetarian option and half to the salmon.
6. Serve with rice and toppings.
Ideas for Meat Protein Swaps
Chicken Salad > Feta & Olive Salad
Fishcakes > Falafel
Shepherd's Pie > Lentil Meatless Pie
Chicken Casserole > Bean Casserole