This practical, child-freindly pizza recipe will teach young chefs skills that will last a lifetime... and give tasty results that can be enjoyed by the whole family.
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 4 people
Add all ingredients Select All
1 tsp Salt
400 g Strong Flour
2 tbsp SuperValu Olive Oil
plus extra for greasing
220 ml Water
1 sachet Yeast
4 tbsp Basil Leaves
200 g SuperValu Grated Cheddar Cheese
100 g SuperValu Ham
200 ml SuperValu Passata
100 g SuperValu Signature Tastes Tenderstem Broccoli
1 - Tomatoes
- Place the strong flour, salt and dried yeast in a large mixing bowl. Pour in the lukewarm water and the olive oil. Using your hands, combine the dough thoroughly and then transfer out onto a floured working surface. Knead the dough for 4 – 5 minutes or until it feels light and springy under your hands.
- Divide the dough into 4 - 6 equal weight balls and place on a greased baking tray. Cover with cling film. Leave to rise in a warm area for about 30 - 40 minutes or until the dough has doubled in size.
- Preheat the oven to 220˚C.
- When the dough balls have doubled in size, transfer them to the work surface. Get everyone to roll their own pizza base using extra flour to ensure that the dough doesn’t stick to the work surface.
- Spread on the passata, then top with everyone's desired vegetables and cheeses.
- Transfer to the oven and bake for 6 - 10 minutes until the cheese is bubbling and the dough is well cooked and crispy.
- Serve immediately and enjoy while hot!