By Kevin Dundon
Try something new with Kevin's Sweet and Lightly Spicy Thai Chicken Salad.
Preparation time: 10 minutes•
Cooking time: 25 minutes
Serves: 4 people
1. Preheat the oven to 180˚C.
2. Brush and coat the chicken fillets with the barbecue sauce. Leave to marinate a minimum of 10 minutes.
3. Heat an oven safe sauté pan and drizzle 1 tbsp. vegetable oil. Place the chicken into the hot pan, add extra bbq sauce if you like and sear the chicken fillets for 2-3 minutes on both sides. Transfer the pan into the oven and cook for 5 minutes or until cooked through.
4. Meanwhile, prepare the dressing. In a large bowl, combine the oyster sauce, lime juice, sesame oil, rice vinegar, fish sauce, chilli flakes, vegetable oil and siracha (optional). Keep aside in the bowl until needed.
5. In a second bowl, add the chopped cucumber, bean sprout, spring onion, pea shoots or cos lettuce, peanuts and basil leaves. Keep aside until the chicken is cooked.
6. In the meantime, preheat a deep fat fryer or small saucepan of sunflower oil to 180˚C. Carefully fry the wontons until crispy. Lift and drain on kitchen paper to remove excess humidity.
7. When the chicken is cooked through, remove from the oven. Place on a carving board and chop into pieces. Add the cucumber salad and chicken to the dressing bowl and gently toss all the ingredient except the crispy wonton.
8. Serve the salad with the crispy wonton sprinkled over the top.