While filo pastry can be a bit tricky, these parcels are well worth the effort.
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 14 people
Add all ingredients Select All
100 g Aleyna Sun Kissed Sundried Tomatoes
350 g Filo Pastry
defrost if frozen
2 - Fresh Egg
50 g SuperValu Butter
100 g SuperValu Feta Cheese
0 - SuperValu Salt
1 bunch SuperValu Scallions
1 kg SuperValu Spinach
destalked and chopped
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/Gas Mark 5.
- In a pan, heat some 4-5 table spoons of olive oil on a medium heat, add the spring onions and fry for 3-4 minutes.
- When the onions have softened, add the chopped spinach, remove from the heat and cover for 5 minutes.
- Set aside and allow to cool.
- Finely chop the sun-kissed tomatoes, or place in a food processor for 20 seconds.
- Combine the spinach and tomatoes in a bowl and crumble in the feta.
- Check for seasoning however bare in mind that feta is quite salty naturally.
- To prepare the filo, cut the filo into squares approx 4x4 inches.
- Brush single layers of filo pastry with meted butter and lay three layers on top of each other on a lightly floured surface.
- Place a generous ball of the filling in the centre of each piece of pastry.
- Brush the edges with melted butter and secure the parcel by folding up the corners at the top, this should resemble one end of a cracker.
- Place on a baking tray and brush with the lightly beaten egg.
- Place on a baking tray and bake in preheated oven for 12-15 minutes until they have turned a golden brown colour.
- Allow to cool slightly and serve.