A tasty bread that the whole family will love.
Serves: 6 people
- Preheat the oven to 170C/325F/Gas Mark 3
- In a large bowl, sieve the plain flour and the bread soda, and add the salt, apricots and sultanas.
- Pour in the buttermilk and combine until soft “sticky” dough is achieved.
- Transfer the dough onto a well-floured work surface and kneed for about a minute or two.
- Shape the bread into a round shape and transfer on a floured baking tray.
- Brush the bread with a light coating of milk.
- Bake for 45 - 55 minutes or until the bread sounds hollow when tapping the bottom.
- Remove from the oven and cool down on a rack.