This is a lovely Summer Mediterranean dish, try with Couscous for a wonderful vegetarian alternative.
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 4 people
Add all ingredients Select All
200 g SuperValu Crunchy Garden Salad
0 - SuperValu Lemon
From the Store Cupboard
100 ml Beef Stock
25 g Cheddar Cheese
50 g SuperValu Butter
1 tsp SuperValu Dried Mixed Herbs
50 g SuperValu Fresh Breadcrumbs
2 cloves SuperValu Garlic
1 tbsp SuperValu Olive Oil
0 - SuperValu Salt
3 tsp SuperValu Tomato Purée
- Firstly prepare the peppers by cutting in half lengthways and removing the seeds.
- In a bowl prepare the breadcrumb mixture by adding the melted butter to the breadcrumb and herbs.
- Meanwhile, drizzle oil in a large heated pan and add the minced beef, chopped onion, tomato puree and beef stock and cook for 10 minutes until cooked through. Season well.
- Place the peppers in a baking tray and fill with the meat and vegetable mixture, top with the breadcrumbs and some grated cheese, and bake in a preheated oven 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4 for 20 – 30 mins until the pepper is softened.
- Toss the salad leaves in the oil, lemon juice and seasoning.
- To serve, place the stuffed baked pepper on a plate with the dressed salad leaves.