A perfect meal for two.
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 4 people
Add all ingredients Select All
1 dstspn Balsamic Vinegar
2 - Bay Leaves
Pepper Cream Sauce
150 ml Fresh Cream
2 tbsp Milk
25 g SuperValu Butter
2 tbsp SuperValu Olive Oil
0 - SuperValu Salt
0 tsp SuperValu Whole Black Peppercorns
from your pepper mill
Smoked Bacon Champ
3 large SuperValu Potatoes
1 bunch SuperValu Scallions
2 - SuperValu Smoked Bacon Rashers
diced - from the butcher counter
- Lay the steaks out flat in a large dish and scatter the dry ingredients over the steaks. There is no need to peel the garlic-just chop it up quite roughly.
- Cover with the olive oil and leave to rest for at least a couple of hours. Because this is a mildly flavoured marinade you can leave it for up to 2-3 days.
- Heat the pan and cook as follows:
- Rare- 2 minutes on either side,
- Medium- 4 minutes on either side,
- Well done- 5 minutes on either side.
- Try not to over agitate the meat whilst it is on the pan, instead turning it just once.
- Heat a small pan and fry the diced bacon until nice and crispy.
- Warm the butter and milk in the microwave or in a small saucepan.
- Peel, boil and mash the potatoes using the warmed milk and butter (and a little cream if desired) until they are quite smooth and of a piping consistency. Add in the smoked bacon and chopped scallions and mix well. Keep warm until required.
- When you have removed the steak from the pan, add the pouring cream and the cracked black pepper to the same pan and whisk well.
- Allow the sauce to simmer for 4-5 minutes. Serve on top of the steaks and bacon champ, with some steamed green vegetables.
- And for the perfect Valentine’s dessert, why not try my Chocolate fondue