Spiralised sweet potato rosti are a great addition to any brunch and can be topped with just about anything, but personally I like them with a nice soft-boiled egg and avocado.
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 2 people
Add all ingredients Select All
4 - Eggs
2 cloves Garlic
0.5 - Lime
1 tbsp Olive Oil
1 pinch Pepper
1 pinch Salt
25 g SuperValu Alfalfa Sprouts
1 - SuperValu Avocado
2 tsp SuperValu Chilli Flakes
2 medium Sweet Potatoes
- Bring a small saucepan of water to the boil. Reduce the heat, add two of the eggs and simmer for 5 to 6 minutes. Remove from the heat and run under cold water to prevent them from cooking further. Peel off the shell and set aside.
- Spiralise the sweet potatoes on the narrow noodle blade. Add to a medium-sized bowl with the remaining two eggs, the garlic and some salt and pepper and mix together.
- Heat the oil in a large pan set over a low to medium heat. Use a tongs to divide the mix into four portions. Place on the pan and press down each portion into a circle, then cook for 4 to 5 minutes on each side.
- While the rosti are cooking, peel the avocado and discard the stone. Place the flesh in a small bowl and mash with a fork. Add the lime juice and season to taste.
- Serve two sweet potato rosti on each plate. Place a dollop of the mashed avocado on top, then add a soft-boiled egg, using a fork to break in half. Scatter over the sprouts and chilli flakes and serve straight away.