Create an exciting summertime meal with Siúcra & Catherine Fulvio’s flavoursome Spicy Salmon with Chilli Lime Sauce.
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 4 people
Add all ingredients Select All
1 - Lime
sliced, to serve
4 - Salmon Darn
score the skin
1 handfull SuperValu Fresh Coriander
For the rub
2 tsp Garlic Powder
0.5 tsp Ground Black Pepper
2 tsp Ground Cumin
4 tsp Onion Powder
1 tsp Paprika
1 tsp Salt
3 tbsp Siúcra Rich Dark Sugar
For the sauce
2 - Lime
zest of one and juice of two
2 tbsp Rapeseed Oil
2 - Red Chilli
2 tbsp Siúcra Caster Sugar
3 - Spring Onions
4 sprigs SuperValu Fresh Coriander
- Preheat the bbq on medium heat (about 170C).
- To prepare the dipping sauce, chop the spring onions, add the red chillies, lime zest and juice, stir in the Siúcra Caster Sugar, oil and add the chopped coriander. Mix well and set aside.
- To prepare the salmon, combine all the ingredients for the rub in a bowl.
- Brush the salmon with oil and coat with the spicy rub. Place the salmon in a fish basket which has been brushed with oil. If you haven’t one, ensure that the bbq racks are very clean and place skin side down over indirect heat ie not directly above the hottest coals (Or for ease, wrap the salmon in foil - you’ll have a different finish – less smoky - but it’s easy to cook the salmon this way on the bbq).
- Check after about 4 to 5 minutes and then carefully turn over. Some of the skin may come away from the fish – place this on the side to crisp up. Bbq for a further 3 to 4 minutes.
- Transfer to a platter, serve the crispy skin as well and spoon over some of the sauce.
- Garnish with lime slices, coriander leaves and serve with more sauce on the side.