This is a great way of using up those leftovers - perfect for lunch.
Serves: 4 people
1 head Broccoli
cut into spears
4 - Mushrooms
100 g SuperValu Grated Cheddar Cheese
2 - SuperValu Onion
4 - SuperValu Rooster Potatoes
peeled and thinly sliced
- Dry the potatoes well in a clean cloth.
- Gently heat a large (ideally 9 inch) non stick frying pan with a little olive oil.
- Add the onions, garlic and potatoes and continue to cook for 8-10 minutes until the potatoes have softened a little.
- Transfer the vegetables from the pan into a clean bowl.
- Wipe out the pan with a clean cloth, add a little more olive oil and return to the heat.
- Add the mushrooms and broccoli spears to the pan and cook for three to four minutes.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the eggs and cheese and add the potato mixture, pour on top of the broccoli and mushrooms.
- Cook the entire mixture in the pan over a low heat.
- Occasionally slide a palette knife up around the side of the omelette to prevent it from sticking.
- When it looks set on the top, and there is very little liquid left place a plate on top of the pan, turn it over and return it to the pan and continue cooking for another couple of minutes.
- When the omelette is fully set slide onto a large chopping board.
- This can be served either hot or cold. Serve immediately.