A quick and easy recipe that is packed full of flavour. A fastantic mid-week supper.
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 4 people
Add all ingredients Select All
20 g Basil Leaves
2 cloves Garlic
100 g Parmesan Cheese
1 pinch Pepper
1 - Red Onion
1 pinch Salt
350 g Signature Tastes Piccolo Cherry Tomatoes
1 pinch SuperValu Chilli Flakes
2 tbsp SuperValu Greek Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 tbsp SuperValu Green Pesto
500 g SuperValu Spaghetti
fresh egg pasta
1. Slice garlic and red onion.
2. Place pan on medium heat and add Greek extra virgin olive oil, garlic and onion. Fry garlic and onion and add a pinch of salt, pepper and chilli flakes. Turn down heat and allow to simmer.
3. In a separate pan bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook fresh pasta as per pack instructions.
4. Add whole cherry tomatoes and basil to the sauce. Simmer for 3-5 minutes until the cherry tomatoes are breaking down.
5. Add SuperValu green pesto and stir.
6. Drain cooked pasta, transfer to pan with sauce and cook for a further 3 minutes.
7. Add the basil, then sprinkle with parmesan. Toss again and serve into a serving bowl immediately.