Turn a meaty feast into a veggie banquet in no time with Aveen Bannon's simple swaps.
Preparation time: 10 minutes•
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Serves: 4 people
1. To make the tomato sauce, heat some olive oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Fry onion for three minutes and add garlic, salt, pepper and oregano for an additional minute. Add the tinned tomatoes and simmer for 10 - 12 minutes until sauce thickens.
2. Cook the pasta as per pack instructions.
3. VEGETARIAN OPTION: Heat a little oil and use a pan to fry the Quorn mince for 3 - 5 minutes, until browned. Add half of the tomato sauce and simmer for 8 minutes (adding half of the spinach and basil for an additional 3 - 5 minutes, until wilted)
3. MEAT OPTION: Using a diff erent frying pan, heat some olive oil in a frying pan and add the beef mince and cook until browned. Add remainder of the tomato sauce to the pan and simmer for 10 minutes (adding the second half of the spinach and basil for an additional 3 - 5 minutes, until wilted).
4. Serve both sets of mince over a bed of al dente spaghetti and top with some grated parmesan.
Ideas for meat swaps:
Chicken > Tofu, Quorn or Chickpeas
Fish > Halloumi, Tofu or Tempeh
Steak > Quorn, Beans or Lentils
Burger > Bean Burger