The perfect Saturday take away dinner. Enjoy!
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 4 people
Add all ingredients Select All
2 tsp Baking Powder
1 pinch Black Pepper
4 - Fresh Egg
1 tsp Garlic Powder
80 ml Milk
400 g Plain Flour
1 tsp SuperValu Cayenne Pepper
1 tsp SuperValu Chilli Powder
2 - SuperValu Quality Irish Chicken Drumsticks
2 - SuperValu Quality Irish Chicken Thighs
2 - SuperValu Quality Irish Chicken Wings
1 pinch SuperValu Salt
100 ml SuperValu Sweet Chilli Jam
- Pre heat a deep-fat fryer or some oil in a large deep pan to 180°C.
- In a medium-sized bowl, beat the eggs with the milk, cayenne pepper and sweet chilli jam. Whisk well together. In a second bowl, combine salt, freshly ground black pepper and garlic powder ,flour, baking powder and 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- Rinse and pat dry the chicken pieces with a paper towel.
- Drop a few chicken pieces into the flour mixture, tap to remove any excess and drench in the egg.
- Place it into the flour again and coat the pieces thoroughly.
- One piece at a time, drop into hot oil.
- Fry chicken until brown and crisp about 14 minutes or by piercing to the bone in the thickest part with a fork for the juices to run clear. Drain on paper towel.
- Serve with chips and green salad!