Chicken is a big favourite of mine, for some extra spice add a chopped chilli or two!
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 6 people
Add all ingredients Select All
0 pinch Cayenne Pepper
2 stick Celery
12 - Cherry Tomatoes
400 mls Chicken Stock Cube
75 g Chorizo Sausages
1 - Green Pepper
6 - Mushrooms
0 pinch SuperValu Chilli Flakes
4 cloves SuperValu Garlic
1 large SuperValu Onion
6 - SuperValu Quality Irish Chicken Legs 4’s
0 pinch SuperValu Salt
- Season the chicken with salt and cayenne pepper. Pan fry the chicken on both sides until golden brown and transfer to a casserole dish.
- Dice all the vegetables in uniform patterns and add these to the frying pan with the crushed garlic and chorizo and sauté gently for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and the chicken stock at this stage and bring the entire mixture to the boil.
- Correct the seasoning, adding in the chilli flakes at this time if you wish to use them.
- Pour the mixture over the chicken in the casserole dish and transfer to the oven (180C/350F/Gas Mark 4) for 1 hour 15 minutes or until the chicken is coming away easily from the bone or when the juices run clear when a skewer is inserted into the chicken.
- Serve with fluffy long grain rice