Add an extra teaspoon of grated fresh ginger and some chopped fresh red chilli for extra kick!
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 4 people
Add all ingredients Select All
1 - Black Pepper
150 ml Hoisin Sauce
1 - Lime
zest only, plus extra wedges to serve
1 tbsp Olive Oil
4 - Onions
1 tsp Red Curry Paste
1 - Salt
4 packets SuperValu Basmati Rice
boiled, to serve
1 tbsp SuperValu Cornflour
4 tbsp SuperValu Fresh Coriander
chopped, to garnish
1 cm SuperValu Fresh Ginger
peeled and grated
800 g SuperValu Quality Irish Eye of Pork Loin
2 tbsp Water
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan on a medium-high heat. Season the pork with salt and pepper, then add to the pan and cook for 2 to 3 minutes on each side, until nicely browned. Remove the pan from the heat and transfer the pork to your slow cooker.
- Add the onions, hoisin sauce, lime zest and juice, ginger and red curry paste to the slow cooker and coat the pork chops in the mixture. Cover with a lid and cook on high for 4 to 6 hours or cook on low for 6 to 8 hours, until the pork is completely cooked through.
- Once the pork is cooked, transfer it to a platter and loosely cover with foil.
- Mix the cornflour and water together in a small bowl, then whisk half of the mixture into the cooking juices and stir until combined. Check the consistency and add more of the cornflour mixture if needed.
- Drizzle the sauce over the pork. Garnish with the fresh coriander and serve with basmati rice and lime wedges on the side for squeezing over.