This tart is a delicious and so simple tart that can be prepared within a few minutes. Use any summery peach, nectarine or plums that are available from SuperValu Own Brand!
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 4 people
Add all ingredients Select All
1 - Egg
0.5 - Lemon
250 g Shortcrust Pastry
50 g SuperValu Brown Sugar
1 pinch SuperValu Cinnamon
2 tbsp SuperValu Honey
5 - SuperValu Peach
cut into slices
1 tsp Vanilla Essence
1 - Whipping Cream
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. In a bowl, place the peach pieces with brown sugar, vanilla essence, cinnamon powder, honey and lemon juice. Toss to coat the peaches.
- On a lightly floured work surface, roll the pastry into an approximate circle about 28cm in diameter and 3mm thick. Place the pastry on the baking sheet and prick all over with a fork.
- Place the peaches over the pastry with the excess liquid. Distribute the peaches to have a single layer all around.
- Brush egg wash around the edge of the pastry. Tidy the pastry edges over the peaches and brush the edges with egg wash and an extra sprinkling of brown sugar.
- Place in the oven for 20 - 30 minutes or until golden brown and the peaches are bubbling.
- Remove from the oven. Serve warm or at room temperature with a spoon of whipped cream and some honey drizzled on top.