The earthy flavour of parsnips in this smooth purée makes an ideal accompaniment to any meat or fish dish.
Serves: 4 people
- Peel the parsnips and cut into large chunks, removing the tough core.
- Place in a pan with enough cold water to cover the parsnips and add a little salt.
- Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for a further 15 minutes until completely tender.
- Drain and set aside, retaining the cooking liquid if required.
- Pour the cream into a pan and add the butter, parsnips and seasoning, and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Using a stick blender or food processor, blitz the parsnips until a smooth puree consistency is achieved.
- Use some of the parsnip liquid if the mixture is too thick.