Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 4 people
Add all ingredients Select All
2 - Carrots
Peeled and thinly sliced
50 g Frozen Peas
300 ml Gravy
1 glass Red Wine
675 g Roast Beef
Leftover - finely diced
90 g SuperValu Butter
100 ml SuperValu Cream
1 clove SuperValu Garlic
1 - SuperValu Onion
peeled and thinly sliced
6 - SuperValu Potatoes
0 - SuperValu Salt
- Preheat your oven to 180C/350F/Gas Mark 4.
- Place 30g butter in a sauté pan and add the onion and garlic, cook for 4 – 5 minutes until the onion is translucent.
- Add the beef and carrots and cook for a further minute or two.
- Pour in the gravy and red wine and add the peas.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Allow to cook over a medium heat for 8 – 10 minutes until the meat is heated through and the vegetables are fully cooked.
- Meanwhile cut the potatoes into chunks and place in a saucepan, cover with water.
- Cook the potatoes on a high heat for approximately 20 minutes or until softened, strain to remove the excess water.
- Using a potato masher, crush the potatoes and add the warmed cream and 60g butter.
- Mash the potatoes well then season with salt and pepper.
- Place the meat mixture into the bottom of a casserole dish and spoon over the mashed potatoes.
- Place into a preheated oven for 15 – 20 minutes, until a nice golden crust forms on the potato.
- Serve immediately.