A warm and comforting treat that is loaded of nutritious veggies.
Preparation time: 15 minutes•
Cooking time: 55 minutes
Serves: 4 people
1. Peel and chop your potatoes. Place them into a pot and cover with water. Bring to the boil and reduce to a simmer for 20 minutes.
2. Drain your potatoes. Add a generous pour of tinned coconut milk or dairy free milk of choice. Add a tsp of dijon mustard, and a large tablespoon of dairy free spread. Mash until smooth
and creamy. Season with salt and pepper.
3. In a heated and oiled pan saute all your vegetables, herbs and spices.
4. Add your tinned tomatoes, cooked lentils and beans of choice. I often add a little veg stock to moisten the mix further as it will dry out a little in the oven. Spoon into a ovenproof dish.
5. Spread the mash evenly over the lentil mix. Score across the top and pop into the oven at 180c for 30-35 min.
Serve up and enjoy!