Choose all your favourite seafood to make this dish your own!
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 2 people
Add all ingredients Select All
2 stick Celery
400 ml Fish Stock
25 g Plain Flour
600 g Selection of fish & shellfish
1 sachet Shot Pernod
25 g SuperValu Butter
1 - SuperValu Carrot
200 ml SuperValu Cream
2 sprigs SuperValu Fresh Thyme
2 cloves SuperValu Garlic
1 - SuperValu Leek
0 - SuperValu Salt
1 tbsp SuperValu Tarragon
1 glass White Wine
- Dice up vegetables in nice bite size pieces and sauté off in the butter with garlic and thyme until they are glazed but without colour.
- Next mix in the flour on the vegetable base and use it to coat all of the vegetables, lightly, and to dry up any juices in the pan.
- Add in white wine, fish stock and cream and allow the vegetables to cook out slightly.
- Entirely cook this mixture out before adding your selection of fish and shellfish.
- At this stage you can leave this to cool down and reheat it later on before adding the fish.
- When the vegetables have softened add in the fish and shellfish. At this stage try not to stir the chowder too much as this will cause the fish to break up.
- Cook, very gently, for 5-6 minutes just until the fish is cooked.
- Just after the fish is lightly poached add in some freshly chopped tarragon and a shot of pernod.
- Serve immediately.