This is a lovely canapé or alternatively can be used instead of traditional stuffing. I love the burst of flavour as the cranberries pop in your mouth!
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 4 people
Add all ingredients Select All
200 g Dried Cranberries
1 tsp Mixed Spice
50 g SuperValu Butter
100 g SuperValu Fresh Breadcrumbs
2 tbsp SuperValu Fresh Parsley Flat Leaf
1 tbsp SuperValu Fresh Sage
50 g SuperValu Goodness Pecan Nuts
1 - SuperValu Granny Smith Apples
peeled, and finely diced
1 - SuperValu Onion
fi nely chopped
220 g SuperValu Sausagemeat
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4.
- In a small pan, over low heat melt the butter with the onion.
- Cook until softened but not caramelised.
- Remove from the heat and add the breadcrumbs and stir to combine.
- Leave the mixture aside 10 minutes to cool.
- In a separate bowl combine the sausagemeat, apple, cranberries, pecan nuts, sage, parsley and spice.
- Mix well to combine, then roll into balls.
- Keep in the refrigerator until required.
- To cook transfer the stuffing balls to a roasting tin and place in a preheated oven for 40 minutes, turn occasionally through the cooking process to ensure even cooking and a lovely caramelised finish.