Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 4 people
Add all ingredients Select All
1 pinch Black Pepper
800 ml Chicken Stock Cube
2 cloves Garlic
200 g Mung Beans
2 tbsp Olive Oil
2 - Red Onion
1 - SuperValu Carrot
1 handfull SuperValu Fresh Parsley Flat Leaf
roughly chopped, to garnish
1 tbsp SuperValu Fresh Rosemary
300 g SuperValu Kale
woody stalks removed and chopped into 5cm pieces
1 pinch SuperValu Salt
100 g SuperValu Streaky Bacon Rashers
cut into chunks
1 pack Superquinn Award Winning Irish Sausages
- Soak the beans overnight in cold water, then drain.
- Pour half of the stock into a saucepan and add the beans, streaky bacon, carrot and garlic. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 30 to 40 minutes, until the beans are tender.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a casserole dish over a medium heat and fry the sausages until golden. Add the onions and rosemary, then reduce the heat. Cover with a lid and cook gently for 10 minutes, until the onions are soft and lightly caramelised, giving them an occasional stir. Season to taste.
- Pour in the remaining chicken stock and the cooked bean mixture and season. Bring to a simmer and cook for around 20 minutes, skimming occasionally. About 10 minutes before the cassoulet is cooked, add the kale and simmer for 2 minutes with a lid on.
- Garnish with chopped fresh parsley and season again to taste. Serve hot.