This dish is delicious reheated the next day, that's if you have any leftovers!
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 4 people
Add all ingredients Select All
6 - Mushrooms
1 - Red Onion
1 - SuperValu Carrot
1 tin SuperValu Chopped Tomatoes
6 - SuperValu Rooster Potatoes
peeled and cut into chunks
492 g Superquinn Award Winning Irish Sausages
- Place the potatoes in a large saucepan and just cover with water.
- Bring to the boil and cook for 20 minutes until the potatoes are softened.
- Drain to remove excess water.
- Mash the potatoes and add some butter and milk.
- Season and keep warm.
- Heat a large frying pan with a little oil and brown off the sausages until they are golden brown on all sides.
- Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Meanwhile heat a large wide based saucepan with a little oil, add in the diced onion and garlic and sweat gently until softened.
- Next add in the carrot and mushrooms and continue to sauté gently
- Pour in the tin of tomatoes and allow the mixture to come to the boil.
- Sprinkle in the sugar, dried mixed herbs and the chilli powder and add the sausages to the pan.
- Simmer gently for 25 - 30 minutes and serve immediately with mashed potatoes.