A tasty and very economical family meal – can be a great way to use up leftover sausages.
Serves: 4 people
Chicken Stock Cube
SuperValu Chopped Tomatoes
SuperValu Olive Oil
SuperValu Tomato Purée
Superquinn Award Winning Irish Sausages
- Heat the olive oil in a pan and add the sausages.
- Fry for about 8 minutes turning occasionally to ensure an even golden colour and cooked through.
- Remove the sausages from the pan and cut diagonally into bite sized pieces.
- In the same pan add the garlic and pour in the chicken stock, boil until it has reduced by half.
- Stir in the tomato puree, tinned tomatoes and dried herbs, season to taste.
- Simmer for approximately 15 minutes until the sauce has thickened. While the sauce is cooking, boil the pasta in a medium sized pan of lightly salted water as per pack instructions.
- Drain immediately and add a knob of butter & seasoning if required.
- To serve, place the pasta in a bowl and spoon over a generous serving of sausages and sauce.
- If you want a spicier sauce, add a chopped red chilli as you fry the sausages.