This can be frozen whole once cooked but make sure it is stone cold before wrapping in foil and then placing in a freezer bag.
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 4 people
Add all ingredients Select All
1 tbsp Capers
3 - Fresh Egg
1 tbsp SuperValu Fresh Dill
500 g SuperValu Fresh Salmon Fillets
1 pinch SuperValu Salt
100 ml SuperValu Sour Cream
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/ Gas 4
- To make the pastry sieve flour into a large mixing bowl and add a pinch of salt. Rub butter into flour and salt mixture until it resembles very fine breadcrumbs. Mix in enough ice-cold water to bring the mixture together. Kneed the pastry gently to bring the entire mixture together. Cover with cling film and rest in the fridge until required.
- Roll out the pastry and use it to line a 19 inch fluted flan dish with the pastry and blind bake in the oven. Allow to cool.
- Gently flake the salmon into a bowl, add the egg yolks, sour cream, capers, dill and seasoning. In a separate bowl whisk the egg whites until soft peaks are formed. Fold the egg whites into the salmon mixture.
- Pour the salmon mixture into the precooked pastry case and place in a preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes. Open freeze first to prevent marks on the top. If not freezing serve with a salad for a light lunch. This can be eaten hot or cold and is good for the lunch box too.