Leftover herbs or cooked vegetables can also be added to this dip and blended in with the onions and beans. Carrot and coriander or Brussels sprouts and ginger would be delicious.
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 5 people
Add all ingredients Select All
800 g Butter Beans
drained and rinsed
1 - Lemon
1 pinch Pepper
1 pinch Salt
250 g Shallots
1 bulb Smoked Garlic
90 g SuperValu Crispy Onions
2 tbsp SuperValu Extra Virgin Olive Oil
plus extra to serve
1 bunch SuperValu Fresh Parsley
0.5 bunch SuperValu Fresh Thyme
2 tbsp Water
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/gas mark 6.
- Place the whole, unpeeled shallots and garlic on a baking sheet and roast in the oven for 25 minutes. Remove from the oven and leave to cool, then peel off and discard the skins.
- Put the butter beans in the bowl of a food processor with the lemon juice, oil and water. Add the peeled shallots and garlic to the food processor too.
- Blitz to a fine paste. Add salt and pepper to taste and an extra tablespoon of water if a softer consistency is required. The dip can be kept in a sealed glass jar in the fridge for up to three days.
- Serve on a large plate topped with the crispy onions, chopped fresh herbs and a good drizzle of olive oil.