With these tasty bit sized Roasted Red Pepper Feta and Kale Purses one will never be enough.
Serves: 12 people
270 g Filo Pastry
100 g SuperValu Butter
100 g SuperValu Feta Cheese
1 sprigs SuperValu Fresh Thyme
200 g SuperValu Kale Leaf
1 tsp SuperValu Lemon
1 tbsp SuperValu Oregano
1 jar SuperValu Signature Tastes Roasted Red Pepper Relish
0 - SuperValu Whole Black Peppercorns
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/gas mark 6.
- In a large bowl, combine the feta, oregano, thyme, lemon zest and black pepper.
- In a large sauté pan, melt 20g of the butter over a medium heat. Add the kale and fry for 2 to 3 minutes, until softened and wilted.
- Stir the kale and the roasted red pepper relish into the feta mixture and combine well.
- In a small saucepan, melt the remaining 80g butter. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper. Lay the filo pastry on a working surface and cut into 24 x 15cm squares.
- Cover the filo with cling film to prevent the pastry from drying out. Lay one square of filo on a flat surface and brush it all over with some of the melted butter. Top with another piece of filo and brush all over with butter.
- Put 1 tablespoon of the filling in the centre of each filo piece. Gather the corners of the filo together over the filling and pinch together firmly to enclose the filling. Transfer to the prepared baking sheet and repeat with the remaining sheets of filo.
- Transfer to the preheated oven and bake the purses until the filo is crisp and browned all over, 12 to 18 minutes. Rotate the trays halfway through to ensure even browning.