This is a basic recipe for roast gravy; you can add your favourite herbs such as rosemary, tarragon, parsley or thyme as a nice alternative or try adding cranberries at the last minute for a real festive sauce.
Serves: 4 people
Chicken Stock Cube
SuperValu Whole Black Peppercorns
- Remove the turkey from the roasting tin and remove any excess fat.
- Place the roasting tin on the stove top then add the thinly-sliced onions, stirring until caramelised.
- Add the plain flour to the roasting pan and stir continuously until the flour is browned.
- Pour in the glass of red wine to deglaze the pan, then add the stock and whisk until fully incorporated.
- Transfer the gravy to a saucepan and boil for approximately 6-8 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add the butter.
- Stir for a minute or two, until you have achieved a nice, glossy gravy.