Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 15 people
Add all ingredients Select All
For the caramel
50 g Butter
397 g Condensed Milk
1 tsp Vanilla Bean Paste
Ingredients for the base
200 g Butter
100 g Light Brown Sugar
150 g Plain Flour
100 g Pretzel
- Preheat the oven to 160°C. Grease and line a 20cm square tin with parchment paper.
- For the base, blitz the fl our, pretzels, sugar and butter together in a food processor and press into the prepared tin. Prick with a fork and
pop into the oven for 25-30 minutes. Allow to cool a little.
- For the caramel, add the ingredients into a small saucepan. Whisk to combine over low heat.
- Once the butter has melted, increase the heat, continuously stir until everything has melted.
- Reduce the heat a little and simmer for 4-5 minutes, stirring constantly until the mix has thickened. It’s ready when you can see it coming away from the pan and coating the back of the spoon.
- Pour the caramel over the base and spread to create an even surface. Chill in the fridge for two hours.
- Melt the chocolate in a bowl with the butter in a microwave or over a saucepan of simmering water. Let this cool a little.
- Once the caramel has set, pour the chocolate over the top and then break up the pretzels a little and sprinkle them over with the sea salt.
- Chill until the chocolate has hardened.
- To divide into squares, use a knife warmed in hot water to stop the chocolate cracking.