This makes a perfect treat for any occasion.
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 12 people
Add all ingredients Select All
1 tsp Baking Powder
200 g Caster Sugar
5 large Fresh Egg
400 g Plain Flour
200 g SuperValu Butter
1 tsp Vanilla Essence
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4.
- To make the cupcakes, beat the butter in a large mixing bowl with the sugar.
- Add in the vanilla extract and beat well until the mixture is really light and fluffy.
- Add in the eggs and sieve in the flour and use a wooden spoon or spatula to gently combine.
- If you find the mixture is a little tight you can add a dessertspoon of milk to loosen it up a little.
- Line a 12 cup muffin tray with deep muffin cases (if you prefer you can actually use smaller bun tins or even some mini muffin trays).
- Divide the mixture between the muffin cases, filling about ¾ full.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until well risen and cooked through.
- Allow to cool.
- While the cupcakes are cooling you can make the topping.
- To prepare the pistachio nuts, either use a pestle and mortar to grind the nuts or alternatively chop roughly with a knife on a chopping board.
- Keep a small quantity aside for decoration.
- Using an electric hand whisk beat the butter until smooth and creamy, add the green food colouring and chopped pistachios and beat well.
- Gradually add the icing sugar and beat until creamy and well combined.
- Use a piping bag to pipe the topping onto the cupcakes or alternatively you can spread it over the top using a spoon.
- Sprinkle some ground pistachio nuts over the top, or any decoration of your choice.
- Chocolate sprinkles would work well.