This is a very popular choice when eating out, so here’s a simple step by step guide for a delicious home-made version.
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 2 people
Add all ingredients Select All
1 - Demi Baton
1 - Green Pepper
3 large Mushrooms
300 g SuperValu Irish Minute Steak 300g
shredded into strips
1 large SuperValu Onion
From the Store Cupboard
110 g Cheddar Cheese
0 - Seasoning
1 tbsp SuperValu Olive Oil
0 - SuperValu Whole Black Peppercorns
3 large SuperValu Potatoes
- Using a sharp knife cut the bread roll horizontally, drizzle with a little olive oil and place under a hot grill for 3-4 minutes until golden brown.
- Put to one side until required.
- High heat a large wok with a little oil and add in the shredded beef and cook quickly for 3-4 minutes until it is sealed all over.
- Next add in the mushrooms, onions and green pepper and continue to cook on a high heat for a further 3-4 minutes. Sprinkle in some cracked black pepper and mix well.
- Pile immediately on top of the toasted baguettes and arrange the sliced cheese on top and pop back under the grill for a moment or two until the cheese melts.
- Serve immediately with homemade chips.
- Pre-heat oven to 190°C/375°F/Gas Mark 5.
- Cut the potatoes into thick strips and place in a large mixing bowl.
- Drizzle with oil, season with salt and pepper and mix well.
- Place on a flat baking tray lined with baking parchment and transfer to the preheated oven and bake for 25-30 minutes until crispy on the outside and softened through to the centre.