A peach glaze brings sweetness to these succulent pork chops which are served with crushed potatoes.
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 4 people
Add all ingredients Select All
16 - SuperValu Baby Potatoes
1 - SuperValu Lemon
1 - SuperValu Peach
4 - SuperValu Quality Irish Pork Chops
From the Store Cupboard
2 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
50 g SuperValu Butter
2 tbsp SuperValu Honey
4 tbsp SuperValu Olive Oil
0 - SuperValu Oregano
1 tsp SuperValu Salt
0 - SuperValu Salt
- To make the marinade for the pork chops firstly mix together the balsamic vinegar, lemon zest and 2 tbsps olive oil. Add the chops and marinade for 1 hour.
- To make the glaze, in a separate bowl halve the peach, remove the skin and stone, and add the honey, lemon juice and 1 tbsp of olive oil, blitz with a hand blender until a marmalade consistency has been reached.
- Add the baby potatoes to a pan of boiling water, and cook for approx 15 minutes until soft. Strain off the water and using a potato masher, lightly crush the potatoes.
- Turn out on to a baking tray lined with parchment paper and add the dried oregano, salt, pepper and butter.
- Bake in the oven at 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4 for 20 minutes until cooked. In a hot frying pan, drizzle 1 tbsp olive oil.
- Add the marinated chops and cook for 1–2 minutes on each side.
- Lower the heat, and cook for a further 6–8 minutes on each side, using a brush to glaze the chops with the peach glaze.
- To serve, place some crushed potatoes in the centre of the plate, add the chop and serve immediately.