Siobhan Berry of www.mummycooks.ie shares her recipe for Pea and Prawn Risotto.
Serves: 4 people
SuperValu King Prawns
- Heat half the butter in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Add the onion and gently sauté for about 5 minutes until soft.
- Add the rice to the onion and stir until all of the rice has been coated by the butter.
- Add the stock in a ladle full at a time, stirring frequently, waiting until all of the stock has been absorbed by the rice before adding another ladle full.
- After about 10-15 minutes add the peas, stir in well before continuing to add the stock.
- Once all of the stock has been added stir in the prawns.
- Allow the prawns to heat up in the mixture for a minute or two before removing it from the heat and adding in the remaining butter along with a large handful of freshly grated parmesan.
For more delicious recipes and storage solutions for your family visit www.mummycooks.ie