Siobhan Berry of www.mummycooks.ie shares her recipe for Child Friendly Pasta Sauce with Hidden Veg for your food flask.
Serves: 4 people
3 - Carrots
peeled and roughly chopped
4 sticks Celery
2 tins Chopped Tomatoes
2 cloves Garlic
1 tbsp Olive Oil
2 - Onions
1 - Red Pepper
2 - SuperValu Courgette
1 tbsp SuperValu Oregano
- In a large pan heat the olive oil and sauté the onions and the garlic for 2-3 minutes.
- Add in the rest of the vegetables with the oregano and cook for a further 5-6 minutes.
- Stir in the chopped tomatoes; bring the mixture to the boil before simmering for 35-40 minutes.
- Once the vegetables are fully cooked and the mixture has thickened add it to your blender and blend until smooth.
- When you have finished your sauce, divide up into 3oz Babypotz portions for a school going child and freeze. In the morning before school simply defrost the sauce and add to some pre/freshly cooked pasta and store in your Mummy Cooks Food Flask for a delicious hot lunch at school!
For more delicious recipes and storage solutions for your family visit www.mummycooks.ie