I use fusilli for this, but you can use any other shape you like, such as macaroni, penne or rigatoni. This can also be made in advance and stored in the freezer for another day.
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 5 people
Add all ingredients Select All
2 head Broccoli
cut into florets
2 - Garlic
1 pinch Pepper
1 pinch Salt
150 g Sourdough Breadcrumbs
500 ml SuperValu Cream
3 sprigs SuperValu Fresh Thyme
leaves, stripped and chopped
400 g SuperValu Fusilli Pasta
1 - SuperValu Lemon
200 g SuperValu Mature Cheddar Cheese
1 tbsp SuperValu Olive Oil
1 - SuperValu Onion
100 g SuperValu Parma Ham
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/gas mark 4.
2. Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water for 8 to 10 minutes, until al dente. Add the broccoli to the boiling pasta and cook for 30 seconds, until just tender. Drain both well.
3. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, thyme and a pinch of salt and pepper and cook for 3 to 4 minutes, until softened.
4. Put the pasta, broccoli and onion mixture in a 20cm x 30cm baking dish along with half of the Cheddar and the cream and lemon zest and stir to combine. Top with the breadcrumbs, Parma ham and remaining cheese.
5. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes, until the topping is golden brown and crisp. Serve immediately.