Make sure the pan is extremely hot before putting the scallops on it.
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 4 people
Add all ingredients Select All
25 g SuperValu Irish Creamery Butter
12 - SuperValu Scallops
1 - Fennel Bulb
1 tbsp SuperValu Fresh Parsley Flat Leaf
0 tsp SuperValu Fresh Thyme
1 tbsp SuperValu Lemon Juice
2 tbsp SuperValu Olive Oil
0 - SuperValu Whole Black Peppercorns
- Heat a large pan and add the butter until bubbling.
- Lay the scallops out flat on a plate or chopping board.
- Season the scallops with a little salt and black pepper.
- Toss them into the pan and cook for 1 minute on either side on a very hot pan until golden brown.
- Allow to sit for a further moment and then prepare to serve.
- In the meantime, prepare the fennel salad by slicing the fennel bulb very thinly, then place in a bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients, toss together and season lightly.
- Serve immediately.