When making the Pad Thai sauce it might seem that we are using a lot of honey, but you need it to balance out the sourness of the tamarind - this balance is what makes Pad Thai taste so amazing!
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 4 people
Add all ingredients Select All
75 ml Chicken Stock Cube
1 - Fresh SuperValu Mixed Chilli
1 tbsp Rapeseed Oil
1 tsp SuperValu Cornflour
dissolved in 3 tbsp Soy Sauce
350 g SuperValu Fresh Chicken Fillets
cut into strips
100 g SuperValu Fresh Coriander
4 cloves SuperValu Garlic
150 g SuperValu Goodness Mixed Nuts
crushed or roughly chopped (such as cashew nuts)
3 - SuperValu Scallions
200 g Thai Rice Noodles
- Cook the noodles as per pack instructions, then remove from the heat and drain and rinse in cold water, set aside.
- To make the Pad Thai Sauce, combine all the ingredients together in a small bowl.
- In a separate bowl combine the cornflour and soy sauce then place the chicken into the bowl and stir to ensure the chicken is coated.
- Drizzle a little oil in a Wok or large frying pan.
- Add the garlic and chilli and cook for 30 seconds, then add the coated chicken.
- When all the liquid has evaporated add the chicken stock, a little at a time.
- Toss in the noodles and stir fry until the chicken has cooked through (approximately 6-7 minutes).
- Pour in the Pad Thai sauce and gentle lift and turn the noodles.
- Stir fry for a further 1-2 mins.
- Taste test for seasoning and add a further splash of fish sauce if desired.
- Lift noodles onto a serving plate.
- Top with generous amounts of fresh coriander, spring onion, and crushed/chopped nuts.
- Add fresh lime wedges to squeeze over each portion.
*Check Coeliac Society of Ireland Food List for gluten free brands.