Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 4 people
Add all ingredients Select All
For the fries
25 g Butter
320 g Duck Fat
750 g Maris Piper Potatoes
1 tbsp Mayonnaise
, to servce
2 - Onions
2 tbsp Sunflower Oil
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Add the duck fat to a deep-sided roasting tray and place in the oven to heat up for 20 minutes.
- Bring a large pot of well-salted water to the boil over high heat. Add the fries and cook for 2 - 3 minutes until starting to
become a little tender.
- Drain and pat dry. Toss in a little salt then add them to the hot oil.
- Return pan to the oven for 30 - 35 minutes until golden and crispy.
- For the onions, add the butter to the pan along with the sunfl ower oil.
- Fry the onions for 20-25 minutes on a low heat until they're a little caramelised but also crispy. Set these aside and keep warm.
- In the same pan, make the sauce. Add the sunflower oil to the pan along with the garlic, ginger and curry powder and fry for a minute until the garlic and ginger have softened.
- Stir through the peanut butter and soy sauce along with the coconut milk. Simmer for 2 - 3 minutes until thickened.
- Serve the fries topped with satay sauce, mayonnaise, onions and coriander leaves.