Get the kids baking with this delicious orange drizzle cupcake recipe
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 4 people
Add all ingredients Select All
For the Orange flavoured Cream Cheese Icing
1 tbsp Cream Cheese
150 g SuperValu Butter
300 g SuperValu Icing Sugar
1 - SuperValu Orange
zest and juice
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas Mark 4
- Soften the butter and beat in a large mixing bowl with the sugar.
- Add in the orange zest at this stage also and beat well until the mixture is really light and fluffy. It is important to spend a little time on the creaming stage to make sure that the mixture is very light prior to adding the eggs and flour.
- When this mixture is creamy and fluffy add in the eggs and the flour.
If you find the mixture is a little tight you can add a dessertspoon of milk to loosen it up a little.
- Line a 12 cup muffin tray with deep muffin papers (if you prefer you can actually use smaller bun tins or even some mini muffin trays either). Divide the mixture between the muffin papers, filling about ¾ way full.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until well risen and cooked through and then allow to cool.
- When the cupcakes are cool you can make up the cream cheese icing.
- Mix all ingredients together at high speed in a food mixer until light and fluffy.