These are great for a post-workout or breakfast snack.
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 15 people
Add all ingredients Select All
60 g Almond Butter
1 tbsp Chia Seeds
2 tbsp Coconut Oil
3 tbsp Desiccated Coconut
1 tsp Lemon
3 tbsp Maple Syrup
85 g Pitted Dates
25 g Puffed Rice
100 g Rolled Oats
50 g SuperValu Dried Fruit
chopped if large
25 g SuperValu Goodness Mixed Nuts
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Line a 20cm square baking tin with non-stick baking paper.
- Soak the dates in warm water for 15 minutes to soften, then drain and add to a large saucepan with the almond butter, maple syrup, coconut oil, lemon zest and vanilla. Warm over a low heat until the coconut oil melts. Remove from the heat, then blitz with a hand-held blender until the dates are thoroughly incorporated.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the pan and mix well. Transfer the mixture into your lined pan and press it down firmly. Pop in the fridge or freezer to set.
- Once set, remove from the fridge or freezer and use a sharp knife to cut into 15 even-sized bars.
- These will keep in the fridge for up to a week, but they also freeze really well.