A delicious way of turning unwanted pumpkin into a healthy, nutritious and affordable meal! Leftovers are a great lunchbox filler now that the days are getting colder.
Recipe courtesy of MummyCooks.ie
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 4 people
Add all ingredients Select All
1 can Coconut Milk
2 cloves Garlic
2 tbsp Ground Cumin
0 - Olive Oil
2 - Onions
1 - SuperValu Chillies
red, finely chopped
1 bunch SuperValu Fresh Coriander
550 g SuperValu Pumpkin
peeled and diced into equal pieces
700 ml Vegetable Stock
- Heat a large pan with olive oil and begin to sauté the onions for 2 minutes, until it starts to go translucent.
- Add the garlic, chili and cumin to the onions and cook for a further 2 minutes before adding in the pumpkin.
- Allow the pumpkin to cook for a further 2-3 minutes.
- Add the stock and bring the mixture to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer with the lid on for 20-25 minutes.
- Once the pumpkin is nice and tender blend everything together before stirring in the coconut milk.
- Garnish with some coriander and enjoy!
Thanks to MummyCooks.ie for sharing this recipe.